voting message

Subject: Information from an OASIS Board Candidate

Voting Reps,

As a service to our candidates and voting reps, OASIS forwards candidate provided information to you, at their request.  This is the fourth such message you have received thus far, during the course of balloting.

We will forward any other information provided as soon as practical.  The OASIS balloting process for Board elections provides you the opportunity to change your ballot up to the close of balloting.

Scott McGrath

Director Member Services

Dear OASIS Member:

As we approach the upcoming OASIS Board of Directors election, I would like to take a few moments to restate Microsoft's position and commitment to OASIS.

First, As we have shown in the last few years, Microsoft is very committed to standards. This commitment extends from not just working with you to develop standards and specifications, but to providing the supporting implementations and making those implementations available to millions of customers. This is a winning proposition for us all.

Second, we were a leader in the expansion of OASIS into the world of Web services through bringing important work, such as WS-Security and BPEL4WS and even entire organizations (UDDI.org) into the fold. The analyst firm Gartner has said, based on the contributions we have made to OASIS through Web services that OASIS will be the most relevant standards body in the future.

We at Microsoft feel there is a lot of potential in the industry for exciting new technologies and feel OASIS is a place that will play a leadership role in driving standards for the future. We are proud of our past involvement with OASIS and committed to playing a role in keeping OASIS a leader. We would appreciate your vote in the upcoming election.

Thanks, Chris