voting message

Subject: BoD Elections

Dear all,

In a few days from now, we will know the results of the elections of
the Board of Directors of the OASIS Consortium. Regardless of the
results, and no matter who you chose, or will choose to vote for, you
should know that the people who will be working as members of this
Board will do their utmost to serve the interests of the OASIS
consortium. Some of us may disagree in our approach to issues related
to standards, but all of us, I believe, share a common passion towards
the advancement of digital standards.

You must have received several "last-calls to vote" messages these
days, requesting your vote for each of the candidates. Some pointed
out their track record during their past mandate at the Board, some
others mentioned their career. I fully realize that I am an atypical
candidate; and this begs the question of how I could summarize in a
few words any good reason to cast a ballot in my favor.

Let me put it simply: My strength and the relevance of my agenda rely
on me not belonging to the inner circles of traditonal standardization.
Having stood and worked outside of these networks I do have a
fundamentally different vision than the other ones you will be voting
for. In these times of changes, we may not just need the "best and the
brightest"; we already have them with us, and we will have them again
next week. What we need is a renewal of our ideas in order to meet the
challenges of today and tomorrow's digital standards. This is the way I
can help push the OASIS Consortium forward.

In any case, do not forget to vote if you haven't already done so and
please rest assured of my consideration and availability if you have
any question.

Best Regards,
--
Charles-H. Schulz