voting message

Subject: Your Voting Responsibility in OASIS

Each year we ask you to help select the Board of Directors and Technical Advisory TAB who will help lead our organization for two years.  In OASIS, this leadership selection comes entirely at your choice--board seats are not earned by large dues payments or special appointment.  That is why your vote matters.

This year there are 6 candidates for 5 seats on the Board.   They represent large software firms from across the globe, there is an Individual member and a serial entrepreneur who brought his most recent start-up to OASIS.  There are incumbents and new faces to the board.  These candidates all are worthy of your consideration and vote.   All you have to do is decide.

If you think your vote doesn't matter, consider two facts:
- several years ago there was a tie for the last seat. Anyone who didn't vote missed the opportunity to absolutely make the decision.
- last year the contest was very close - in fact, the last seat was won by a single vote advantage.

Please take the time to become informed about the candidates and vote before the ballot closes Thursday 20 June @9pm US EDT

Your opinion does matter.

board ballot:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=2416