Subject: No Subject

I'm all for defining the decision-making environment first; I was merely
questioning what I saw as some unalterable assumptions that we should not
require a stated reason for a negative vote.  I question that assumption
and all the standards groups I have participated in have REQUIRED comments
on negative votes.  I consider this question an important part of the
larger issue.  It's easy to thoughlessly provide negative votes because of
a small issue but much more difficult to do so when you are required to
give your reasons why.  I know that the rule does not always produce GOOD
answers.

Now on to the "larger" issues.

Sharon