Subject: Re: Fast track, slow track (revisited)

[Terry Allen:]

| Tommie suggests living with the present process; I understand the
| urge, but we really are operating without a shadow of legality,
| and nothing we do can be legit.  In addition, we open ourselves
| up to criticism at just the time we want to get rafts of
| new committees operating.  So I think we do need a fix - real
| fast - and a proposed long-term solution by Philadelphia.
| (The last long-term solution arrived at in Philadelphia has
| done pretty well ...)

I agree, and I gather that the board does as well.  We can't even
recommend a process to the board without ourselves being a properly
constituted committee.  We have to bootstrap ourselves and the other
committees before we can move on to consideration of the new process.

Terry, Eduardo, Norbert, and I were able to meet during lunch at the
OASIS/UN ebXML meeting today.  Simon Nicholson joined us, giving us a
representative sample of the more vocal members of this mail list
together with a couple of members of the board.  We arrived at the
basics of a reboot proposal that I'm going to write up for the
consideration of this list; expect to see it within the next 24 hours.

Jon