Subject: Thanksgiving, for example

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Jon Bosak wrote:
[...]
>    I understand that OASIS committees regularly meet in person
>    or by phone as determined by the committee or by the OASIS
>    Board of Directors and that participation in the Process
>    Advisory Committee will require me to attend most of its
>    meetings.  I certify that I have the means and the interest
>    to attend such meetings and that I intend to do so.
>
>    I understand that the committee cannot transact business in
>    the absence of a quorum or take action by mail ballot
>    without the active participation of its members and that
>    therefore failure to attend meetings and vote in mail
>    ballots will result in my removal from the committee.  I
>    promise to submit a letter of resignation to the chair or
>    chairs of the committee if in the future I find myself
>    unable to participate actively in its work.

Reluctantly also, yes.  There are many ways to ballot not involving
face-to-face communications.  The ECIX folks make failure to vote an
absolute crime, miss tow and you are out.  You are only allowed to abstain
with comments.

It is the day after Thanksgiving, I am late in joining this list.  I
realize that it is too late,  but I would like the above to say

"failure to participate in meetings or online discussion meetings and to
vote in mail ballots"

If a person has been contributing, writing, voting, submitting technical
position papers, etc.  I so not feel that absence at the face-to-face is a
problem.  Partipation and work are more important surely.

--Debbie

Deborah Aleyne Lapeyre               mailto:dalapeyre@mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9633