Subject: Re: Thanksgiving, for example

[dalapeyre@mulberrytech.com:]

| It is the day after Thanksgiving, I am late in joining this list.  I
| realize that it is too late,

No, it's not too late.  I extended the deadline through the end of the
day Saturday, and in consideration of at least one member of this list
who observes the Sabbath on Saturday (sorry, I forgot), I'm extending
it further through Sunday noon.  I still intend to have the request in
to the board in time for them to consider it Monday.

| but I would like the above to say
|
| "failure to participate in meetings or online discussion meetings and to
| vote in mail ballots"

Several people have convinced me that it extreme cases, TCs should at
least in theory be able to function entirely by email.  In any case, I
consider a phone conference procedurally equivalent to a face-to-face
meeting, so I will be arguing that we treat the two as formally
identical with regard to process.

I'm also convinced that each committee has to set its own criteria for
what constitutes participation.  The commitment I've asked voting
members to make in the case of the PAC applies only to the PAC.

Jon