Subject: Re: The TRAC reconsidered

I think I'm the person on this PAC who cares the least about
process, somehow, or at least cares the least about whether
things are legally constituted at this stage. I'd rather put energies
into figuring out how we want things to work. For better or worse,
the OASIS system has managed to produce specs that have been
implemented, even if the "committees" which produced those
specs worked on the "lots of lurkers and people worked when they
could" principle. So I don't see the big harm in leaving the current
structure as an interim solution, since the new structure should be
in place within 8 months.

OTOH, I can also see the point to Solution 3 - trying to get some
structure in there, as long as it doesn't impose too much of a
burden on the chairs, or make people feel in any way that their
work up till now has not been appreciated.

I don't like solution 2 - it seems to take a lot of time and effort for
what seems to be little benefit, and the danger is that the interim
will become permanent because we put too much energy into that
instead of what we really want in the end.

Lauren