Subject: re Robert's machine

Eduardo wrote:
> Just scanning it, this sounds interesting.  But I'm not sure I
> see why it should be standardized in OASIS.  Not only is it not
> a proposal for an XML specification, it shouldn't be.
        ^^^^^^^^^^^                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^
        it could be                       why not?

Because it ought to be possible for any ordinary organization
(not a sophisticated XML-oriented org that can't get its email
discussion lists set up so you can respond to the list and not
to the sender plus the list, or the sender alone) to use the
same parliamentary procedure.

It ought to work with plain text or PDF or whatever you like -
the point is the procedure, not the markup of the ballot.

Just as packaging of compound XML documents shouldn't be specified
except as a special case of packaging compound documents.

regards, Terry
(who is very relieved to be home from Orlando, which he thinks
is a crime against Man and Nature)