Subject: Re: A Robert's machine

Jon wrote:
| | However, The Robert's Rules Association might be real interested;
| | alternately there must be societies dedicated to parliamentary
| | pursuits (which might actually have some parallel work in progress
| | already).
|
| I expect organizations of professional parliamentarians to be
| among the groups least supportive of this proposal if it succeeds
| technically.  It's like asking the portrait painters to help
| foster the daguerreotype.  A few will surely connect with the
| technological approach and provide its first generation of
| implementation experts, but I expect the great majority to find a
| free replacement for professionals in their line of work somewhat
| threatening.

Before proceeding with this activity in OASIS (despite your other
points, which provide the XML nexus), I think you ought to at least
check to find out whether the daguerreotype isn't already in use
among the quondam portrait painters.  E-mail and teleconferences
have been around long enough that the Robert's Association (e.g.)
may well have a committee considering how to set up rules for using
them.  They have a message board at

  http://www.robertsrules.com/cgi-bin/mb/

regards, Terry