Subject: FW: DocBook DTD ballot violates new TC Process

It appears that I've screwed up the first ballot under the new process.
Tommie has pointed out that I skipped the 90-day review cycle before voting
started.

Here's what I did: Norm submitted the DocBook spec to me early September. I
submitted it to the membership for voting on 1 October. As Tommie points
out, I should have submitted it for consideration instead, and then called
for a vote on 1 January.

Any suggestions on what I should do about this? I suppose I could inform the
membership that this ballot is invalid and start again on 1 January. Or we
could just let this one slide and I'll do better next time.

If it matters, so far we have 11 affirmative votes; this is after a few
reminders etc. 13 votes are needed for the 10% (there are 125 member
organizations).

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations