Subject: Re: FW: DocBook DTD ballot violates new TC Process

Karl wrote:

>Here's what I did: Norm submitted the DocBook spec to me early September. I
>submitted it to the membership for voting on 1 October. As Tommie points
>out, I should have submitted it for consideration instead, and then called
>for a vote on 1 January.
>
>Any suggestions on what I should do about this? ...

I suggest sending a message to the membership saying that your first
message should have been the notification for submission for
consideration, and asking them to take the time between October 1 and
January 1 to review the submission.  Tell them in that message that
you will call for a 30 day vote on January 1.

This makes it clear that there is no precedent set by shortening the
process without penalizing the DocBook folks; they end up with the
same schedule they would have had. (And, unofficially, in early
January, I'd remind all of the people who have already voted yes that
they should re-submit their votes.)

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@mulberrytech.com