Subject: Re: getting the ER TC going

Karl Best wrote:

> On 10/12 I sent out a call for participation. In it I said:
>
> "To become a member of this new TC you should notify Lauren Wood, the
> committee chair, of your interest, and participate in the first meeting."
>
> So, Lauren, did anyone respond to you, or did they just sign up for the
> list?

They all just signed up for the list, until I sent out an email last
week asking them to send me separate email, when most (but not all)
replied saying they wanted to be members. I think most assumed that
signing up for the mailing list, and then sending email, was sufficient
(as did I until I reread the process to check!).

> I suppose that we could be picky and require a spearate notification to
> become a member, but my feeling is that the TC process is supposed to help,
> rather than hinder, the committee. So perhaps we could say that list signup
> is sufficient, at least this time around. I will be more explicit in
> defining the requirements in future calls for participation.

I hope we can do this.

> BTW, the list archive is at
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/entity-resolution (the elistX admin has
> been slow about adding new lists to the archive page at
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives).

Thanks,