Subject: RE: ratifying the charter?

While I preferred to discuss the general case, the specific example may be
in order. This week a the Security Services TC was formed. The stated
purpose of the TC is to create security specifications using S2ML as the
starting point. Another group of people would like to work on security, but
they want to use AuthXML as the starting point.

The obvious solution is to have two separate committees (and that's probably
what will happen) but I'd like to make it possible for the two groups to
work together to create a single spec rather than two separate specs. That
would require that the committee members vote to "clarify" (or whatever)
what the starting point of their technical work is. Must it be S2ML, as
originally stated, or can it include other technologies as well?

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
978.667.5115 x206