Subject: Re: TC visibility section question

[lauren@sqwest.bc.ca:]

| This section states that only members of a TC may post to the
| general mailing list of the TC. My question is: what about
| prospective members? They may attend meetings (including phone
| meetings at the discretion of the chair) so it makes sense to me to
| allow them to also post to the general mailing list.

If prospective members were given the right to post to the TC
list, there would be no distinction between TC members and all
OASIS members; i.e., gaining the right to post to the list would
simply mean sending a message to the chair rather than sending a
subscription request to the server.  People who want to send
comments to the TC have a comments list for this purpose.

| As a meta-question: it looks like we might need a slight revision
| of the process as we set up TCs to work with it to answer such
| questions - what's the best way of doing this? For example, most
| technical specs need an editor so the ER TC nominated and voted on
| one. Do we need a FAQ for little questions that don't need a
| change to the process?

I believe Ken volunteered to put something like this together.

By the way, I think that the best way to put together an editorial
team is to constitute it as a subcommittee so that it has a
structure and procedures of its own.

Jon