Subject: RE: TC visibility section question

Karl wrote:
>The alternative, I guess, is to have three lists for each TC, which may not
be much better. Another alternative is to eliminate the second class of
people, OASIS members who are not TC members. They could just read the
archives like everyone else.

Absolutely not.  First, our process says not.  Second, we have to
be sure that TCs can obtain a quorum, which means that we have to
satisfy OASIS members (or P*'s) who want to stay abreast of what's
going on without becoming TC members.  Any attempt to remove them
from mailing lists will lead to some of them joining up temporarily
and then not attending meetings.

I think our quorum requirements are unworkable, but I think we ought
to test our brand-new process for a year before fiddling with it.
Note that quorum is closely related to the ability to call
unexpected meetings, and curtailing the latter might make it easier
to loosen quorum requirements.  But let's not go there yet, let's
wallow in the experience.

regards, Terry