ws-caf-editors message

Subject: issues to deal with and current draft

Here's a list of issues I haven't dealt with, with names of people who could take them on. If you've already addressed an issue, let us all know (ignore any numbering as it comes from the original emails):

1. Section 2.3, Figure 1 and paragraph following:

To be consistent with ws-rm, the reference-scheme attribute should be optional, not required. (GREG)
4. general: always use the terminology "referencing specifications" as opposed to specifications using ws-context (for e.g.)  I have an action to beef up 1.2 to make it clear that applications can be refernecinf specs c.f. the shopping cart. (MARTIN)

- The sentence under figure 3 sounds like the client can enforce the
addressing schemes
  to be understood by the service. This should be reworded to say
something like "a
  service receiving a service-ref element containing a reference-scheme
it does not
  understand MUST generate the XXX fault". (ERIC)

- Section 3, 2nd to last para: "If context-manager is dereferenced" -
what does it mean
  to dereference this element? It could be an HTTP GET, a SOAP request,
or ... (MARK) (Though I think this is already covered in the specifically.)

- Section 3.2, example: attribute mustUnderstand should be on context
element and not
  the soap:Header element. (GREG)

- Section 5.2, sentence above begin: "The UserCTXService endpoint
address is exchanged
  during each operation in order to allow the Context Service to return
the result of
  the invocation." There is no description in either text, xsd, or wsdl
indicating how
  or where this address is located in a message. I assume this address
is passed in an
  element of type ServiceRefType, but it does not say. Is it expected
that the address
  be passed in a SOAP header? In order to provide for interoperable
implementations
  we need to say how the address is passed. (MARK)

- Section 3, setTimeout, 4th line: change associate to associated.

What should a service do if it receives a context having insufficient
information and
not having a context-manager field? (ERIC)

What does the namespace attribute mean on StatusType? (GREG)
Mark.

----
Mark Little,
Chief Architect,