ws-caf-implement-chair message

Subject: RE: [ws-caf-implement] WS-CAF Implementation Plan

Unfortunately, policies here at Oracle will prevent me from loading source
code up on sourceforge.  Most likely I will have to keep my source code
private until the legal department clears it for release.  Usually that
happens after the code has reached some point of stability (like after the
demos are completed).
If we follow what the WS-I Sample Application Implementation group does,
each company would develop their own implementation in private, but
following a specification and testing against established test cases.  We do
however need a common repository for WSDL files, specs, test cases etc...
Maybe we can use sourceforge/cvs for that.

-Simeon

-----Original Message-----
From: John Fuller [mailto:jfuller@wernervas.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 7:38 AM
To: Mark Little
Cc: ws-caf-implement-chair@lists.oasis-open.org;
ws-caf-implement@lists.oasis-open.org; malik saheb;
krishna@inventicasystems.com

I guess as my suggestion goes, I was imagining someone like Malik could
set up a sourceforge project
(and sourceforge.net would be the host) sort of like I did at
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/easywsrm/
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/easyasap/
and Jeffrey Ricker did at
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/axisasap/
and grant developers administrative permissions.

It's free, public, you can move whatever you want into the file
releases if you have administrative rights, etc.  So I could move in
C++ for that package, others could move in their Java and we could also
put our working documents out there.  It does support CVS, but you
don't need to use it.

***

Another alternative I suppose would be a yahoo group like boost C++
uses for its files at
	http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/
This would make the work public just to those in the group.