Subject: Semantics of completion

If I say I have a meeting at 3:00, I am expected to be at the meeting at 3:00 (well with whatever precision required).

If I say I am mowing the lawn at 3:00, it is pretty well understood that at 3:00, I may have found the key, will check if I need to add gas, will begin clearing out whatever accumulated in the garage behind the lawn mower in the last week, will go and look for branches in the yard, will coil up the hose from when I watered the porch plants on Friday when I was in a hurry, and then will start the mower.

Each of these in in compliance.

Industrial customers are expected to have achieved load shedding in response to a DR request by 3:00 in today’s markets.

Residential Customers participating in DR are expected to begin shedding load at 3:00

WS-Calendar should unambiguously indicate one or the other is expected. This could be always A, always B, or an A/B indicator.

Suggestions?

tc

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." -- Benjamin Franklin

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS Technical Advisory Board
TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar