Subject: Synchronization Moments and Performance

In scheduling maintenance or factory work, it is frequent practice to schedule many intervals that do not add up to the total time.

“Each of the 8 steps should take no more than 10 minutes. You have an hour to complete the task.”

“Do all three of these 15 minute tasks and then wait for Joe who should be here [in an hour][at 3:00]”

I think we need to specify some of these elements.

CompleteBy

StartNoLaterThan

DoNotStartBefore

ReportBackAt

HoldUntil

Any suggestions for names? It may be that each of these elements could exist as a Time or as an Interval.

tc

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." -- Benjamin Franklin

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS Technical Advisory Board
TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar