Subject: Fwd: [calsify] colloquium on Future of UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [calsify] colloquium on Future of UTC
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:08:37 -0700
From: Steve Allen <sla@ucolick.org>
To: calsify list <calsify@ietf.org>

On behalf of the co-chairs I announce a colloquium about the
implications of possible changes to the definition of UTC which is
scheduled for a vote by delegates to the Radiocommunication Assembly
in January.  The draft under consideration by the ITU-R would redefine
the notions of time and calendar day in ways that would have broad
side effects.

The website for the colloquium is
http://futureofutc.org/

Abstracts already received include contributions from national
observatories, international agencies, geophysics and navigation
communities.  Software and operating systems remain underrepresented.

I invite contributions from members of the internet calendar community
and anyone who may have code, systems, or products which could be
affected by changes in the definition of the radio broadcast time
signals which underly them.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla@ucolick.org>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB   Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99855