Subject: DtEnd: Addressing the mangled comformance

The concrete issues related to dtEnd appear to be limited to being one mangled sentence in conformance.

The specification and this committee are not going into hibernation, meaning there is no reason to drop everything and fix this now. The OASIS Errata procedure would not apply, as it is a way to make changes to something that has progressed to the status of an OASIS Standard, which is not something we are doing at this time.

After consultation with several folks, it was suggested that we prepare a small document with the change to the wording. Next week with a committee vote (meaning with no long delays in processes) we say that note, in the document repository, that’s how we wish we had written the confusing sentence. We can then link to that note from the TC home page and go on. This approach leaves the current response complete on Friday.

We can also put the same decision in Jira so we don’t forget when actually preparing 1.1.

If the TC likes this approach, we can begin developing that two paragraph document now, for vote on Friday.

Replies to the list, please

tc

"If something is not worth doing, it`s not worth doing well"
Peter Drucker

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu