Subject: Notes on Streams WD03

Toby --

So the real question is what in the PIM is the base class for any of the "new" classes. Is this a PSM? Should I look at the XSD?

Comments referenced to wd03 pdf:
  • The use of StreamBaseType is not clear to me. How does this relate to PIM and WS-Calendar?
  • Copyright should be 2012-2013...but TCAdmin will do that as needed.
  • Bookmark not defined in the TOC
  • No brackets around line 2
  • line 4 : "will benefit" should be "benefit"?
  • Not a biggie, but I don't hyphenate "time series"
  • line 72 Why is namespace ...ns/energyinterop ? shouldn't it be in ws-calendar? or one of the URNs? see strm on line 78.
  • line 78 Is WSDL important?
  • line 109 - mixing quote of WS-Calendar? WS-Calendar as quoted by PIM? I think they're the same. Should the reference on line 115 be to WS-Calendar or PIM?
  • line 116 is this section normative?
  • line 128 caption uses "WS-Calendar Partition" but it's not in the definitions in the previous section. It's in WS-Calendar at 202 and PIM at 84. I assume that since it's key to line 161, that it should be defined in the tables not just in an example caption. So insert definition in table 2-1.
  • Line 114 table does not say non-normative but line 143 does.
  • 214 "Market Signal Payload"? - change to "Payload" assuming properly defined. Yes it is in table 3-1.
  • 215 is the order required to reflect temporal order, e.g. sorting by start times? If a partition that seems implicit but could be explicit.
  • line 109: I think the model needs to be different; in PIM the "related-to" is not "RelatedToPropType", it's RelationLink[Type]. Is that a suggestion to change the PIM type to RelationLinkType in parallel with GluonType?  Good suggestion.
  • Not sure how the ArrayOf types reflect in PIM - it's more an XSD concept as I recall. We need to talk.
  • StreamPayloadBase is not in the document text; viz. figure at 199.
  • l203 seems a carryover from WS-Calendar Streams, rather than PIM-based. What is "conformant communications"? Sounds like a carryover from WS-Calendar as WS message content?
  • 210 MAY NOT could probably be MUST NOT?  or is the intent MAY but SHOULDN"T? In which case SHOULD NOT is appropriate. MAY NOT is not in RFC2119.
  • PIM DOESN'T HAVE UIDs - PUT IN NON-EXISTENT JIRA COMPONENT
  • PIM UIDs (if included) may simplify section 3.x
  • 257 didn't we have confidence, or did we put it into the payload?
  • I'd like a nice compact example of observational data in l226ff. Possible non-normative appendix?
  • l247 what is the "service Context"? is that line 173? Is it defined?
In general seems much clearer and cleaner.

Thanks!

bill
--
William Cox