ws-dd message

Subject: [ws-dd] Thursday, September 18 - F2F Notes

Thursday, September 18, 2008

There are now 65 issues that have been submitted as of the start of the meeting today.

Motion: 2nd F2F should be held Dec 2nd to 4th – no objections

Where should it be held?  People are looking into options – Canon is checking

Motion: 3rd F2F should be held Feb 3rd to 5 – no objections

Audio Conferences: Is next Tuesday too early for next call?  Is it better Sept 30th? – no objections

Next Teleconference is Sept 30th – at 8 am PT

Back to Issues

Issue 17: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00039.html

Issue 17: Moved to Active – no objections

It could be complicated to address.

Issue is not just size but avoiding complexity

AI: Dan and Antoine to discuss and propose resolution

Issue 58: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00085.html

Issue 58: Moved to Active – no objections

This may be related to the multi-home issue.

This clarifies what is there, but it may be revisited for multi-home issue.

Proposal Accepted

Issue 58: Moved to Pending - editors assigned to change– no objections

Issue 25: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00049.html

How do you relate device types and service types?

Issue 25: Moved to Active – no objections

Need machine readable format to describe this.

No solution has been proposed.  We will wait for a concrete proposal to solve this.

Issue 59: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00086.html

Issue 59: Moved to Active – no objections

Change to WSDL not the wire

AI: Vipul to investigate if proposal is the correct way to proceed.

Issue 56: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00082.html

Issue 56: Moved to Active – no objections

Related to Issue 52.

What is the cost of implementing this?

Need a discussion and presentation on what this would look like.

WS-Man does this in a simple way – maybe we could go for this subset of XPath?

We need to be careful about light weight devices.

Perhaps we could make something optional

AI: we need proposals and contributions for this

Issue 61: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00088.html

Issue 61: Moved to Active – no objections

Guidelines for backwards compatibility with older versions?  Can we publish such a thing?

Perhaps submit as separate issue?

Proposal Accepted

Issue 61: Moved to Pending - editors assigned to change– no objections

Issue 42: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00066.html

Issue 42: Moved to Active – no objections

Requirement for long lived connections

We need to focus on interop.

No resolution.

AI: Antoine: provide a proposal.  Others free to provide contributions.

Issue 66: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00093.html

Issue 66: Moved to Active – no objections

Remove RelationType attribute – not required.

Proposal Accepted

Issue 66: Moved to Pending - editors assigned to change– no objections

Issue 57: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00083.html

Issue 25 also covers this issue.  This is a comment and additional information on Issue 25.

Issue 57: Marked as a duplicate – no objections

Issue 26: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00050.html

Issue 26: Leave in review – no objections

AI: Antoine to provide information as to if it can be done within the context of DPWS

Issue 62: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00089.html

Issue 62: Moved to Active – no objections

Proposal Accepted

Issue 62: Moved to Pending - editors assigned to change– no objections

Issue 28: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00052.html

Issue 28: Moved to Active – no objections

Proposal to reduce to 2500 ms Accepted

Issue 28: Moved to Pending - editors assigned to change– no objections

Issue 63: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00090.html

Issue 63: Moved to Active – no objections

Proposal Accepted

Issue 63: Moved to Pending - editors assigned to change– no objections

Issue 29: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00053.html

Issue 29: Moved to Active – no objections

There is no solution proposed.

AI: Antoine should provide a proposal.

Issue 60: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00087.html

Issue 60: Mark as duplicate of 66.

Revisit Issue 59: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00086.html

Other specs use this convention

Proposal Accepted

Issue 59: Moved to Pending - editors assigned to change– no objections

Issue 64: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00091.html

Issue 64: Moved to Active – no objections

Proposal Accepted

Issue 64: Moved to Pending - editors assigned to write text – no objections

AI: Dan and Antoine to look at DPWS and if there is an issue then they will submit an issue

Issue Raised by Gottfried.

Naming conventions:

His proposal, for discussion, is to use the following URI (by example for html – other formats differ in the file extension only):

·        This version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-dd/soap-over-udp/1.0/wd01/soap-over-udp-20080916.html

·        Latest version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-dd/soap-over-udp/1.0/soap-over-udp.html

After much discussion we have settled on this format.

Here are some examples:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-dd/dpws/1.0/wd-01/wsdd-dpws-1.0-schema-wd-01.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-dd/soapoverudp/1.0/wd-01/wsdd-soapoverudp-1.0-spec-wd-01.docx

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-dd/soapoverudp/1.1/os/wsdd-soapoverudp-1.1-spec-os.docx

AI: Chairs create directory structure and create RDDL doc at appropriate place.

AI: Editors to apply this naming recommendation.

Issue 30: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00055.html

Issue 30: Moved to Active – no objections

AI: Everybody think about it.

Issue 65: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00092.html

Issue 65: Moved to Active – no objections

Proposal Accepted

Issue 65: Moved to Pending - editors assigned to write text – no objections

Revisiting Issue 49:

Additional  text required

Line 321. Discovery proxy is an optional component of the network and may not always be available.

AI: Editors make this change.

Issue 31: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00054.html

Should BP 2.0 be in scope?  It supports SOAP 1.2.

Issue 31: Moved to Accept – no objections

Issue 31: Moved to Deferred – no objections

BP 2.0 is not yet available.  We need to wait to see what happens here.

Issue 38: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00062.html

Issue 38: Moved to Accept – no objections

A clarification makes sense.

We need to get language.

Answer to this depends on answer to Issue 37

Issue 37: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00061.html

Issue 37: Moved to Accept – no objections

Show an example of using the extensibility point to show scopes.  Maybe in the white paper?

AI: Dan + Antoine work on resolution.

Anyone interested in editing the White Paper?  Is it the same as a Pimer?

François and Alain will lead the white paper editing and others will help as needed.

Chair: When do we want interop?

Could we do interop at second F2F?

Need CD1 about a month to 6 weeks before.

Can we get first CD by mid October?

Yes – Aim would be to get CD1 cut by mid October

Do we have all the key issues on the table?  It would seem so yes.

The major one is the “managed cluster” – 5 issues.

Which issues need to get into CD1?

Only one issue will cause a change request/response.

AI: All submitters - identify issues that require potential changes to implementation.

AI: All companies – identify issues that are important to CD1.

CD ballot is a full majority ballot.

Plan is to have CD ballot on call on Oct 14th.

Finish tech issues by Oct 7th.

Editor’s draft would be useful as soon as possible to cover issues we have already resolved.

If we have interop at December meeting that would become an issue for the host.

Should we have interop and TC F2F co-located?

Who would prefer same week?  Most people…

Who would prefer a different week?

AI: Chair - Need to pose this question via emailto other members of TC

About 6-7 companies interested in interop in December?

                       Schneider, Windows, Canon, Ricoh, SAG maybe, FX maybe, .NET

There may be external parties coming to interop?

There are issues to having external parties involved.  It is normally only TC members.  IPR issues.

Potential Hosts of second F2F need to consider it might be a 4 day event.

Will also need extra room for interop.

Issue 39: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00063.html

Issue 39: Moved to Accept – no objections

Does spec allow recursive hosting of services?  Kind of.

UPnP allows infinite levels.

Keep at potentially recursive but advise people not to use it?

AI: Antoine + Dan to discuss this and propose a clarification

Issue 40: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00064.html

Issue 40: Moved to Accept – no objections

URL could also be in both locations.

Then you have to figure out what to do if you had conflicting entries.

Open for further discussion

Issue 41: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00067.html

Issue 41: Moved to Accept – no objections

Linked to changing to new WS-Addressing reference (Issue 7).

Becomes part of WS-Addressing cluster of issues

Issue 43: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00068.html

Issue 43: Moved to Accept – no objections

AI: Antoine to propose change

Issue 67: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00094.html

Issue 67: Moved to Accept – no objections

Also add “…if not present SHA-1…”

Proposal Accepted

Issue 67: Moved to Pending - editors assigned to write text – no objections

Issue 45: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00071.html

Issue 45: Moved to Accept – no objections

Proposal Accepted

Issue 45: Moved to Pending - editors assigned to write text – no objection

Issue 68: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00095.html

Issue 68: Moved to Accept – no objections

We should use xml:id

Proposal Accepted

Issue 68: Moved to Pending - editors assigned to write text – no objection

Issue 46: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00072.html

Issue 46: Moved to Accept – no objections

Proposal Accepted

Issue 46: Moved to Pending - editors assigned to write text – no objection

Issue 69: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00096.html

Issue 69: Moved to Accept – no objections

AI: Vipul to propose new solution

Issue 53: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00079.html

Issue 53: Moved to Accept – no objections

Requirement: Managed mode client to be informed of new devices.

We have identified the issue.

Open to resolutions.

It is probably not good to have a dependency on Eventing.

All the submitted issues have been discussed.

Meeting and F2F is adjourned