Subject: RE: [ws-dd] Proposal for managed mode cluster of issues
Some comments / questions on the Proposal for managed mode cluster of issues...
- 4.1 Hello “In a managed mode, all transport address(es) SHOULD be included”
Shouldn’t that be the same requirement for ad hoc mode? Same thing for d:Scope?
- Section 2.7, Ln394-395: "(b) one or more transport addresses at which network messages can be directed" is not contained in an "a:EndpointReference element", in the case of logical address in a:Address.
- <d:AppSequence> in PM and RM:
<d:AppSequence> in PM and RM is optional, as a DeviceProxy can omit that info in its unicast PM and RM as indicated in Table 4.
- Ln 643: Why not say a Target Service "should include complete metadata in Hello" for ad hoc mode as well? It could save unnecessary probe/resolves
- Section 4.1.3, Ln 698: Doesn't the Discovery Proxy "listen for multicast Hello and store information" anyway, even if it's not configured for multicast suppression? If not, what does the Device Proxy do in ad hoc mode? Just act as a TargetService?
- Fig. 4
Shouldn't the Discovery Proxy include all Target Service info in its Probe Match, since it has the info already? This way, the client would not need to send Resolve.
- Section 5.2.2: What about in managed mode? does a Target Service completely ignore probes in managed mode?
The spec doesn't seem to prevent for a Target Service to act in both ad hoc and managed mode at the same time on the same network. Is that on purpose?
Can a Target Service switch from ad hoc to manged mode and vice versa? How?
It would be useful to have some more clarifications.
From: Vipul Modi [mailto:Vipul.Modi@microsoft.com]
Sent: Mon 10/13/2008 12:43 PM
Subject: [ws-dd] Proposal for managed mode cluster of issues
Please find attached documents that incorporate the proposal for the following “managed cluster” issues.
022 request-response MEP for communicating with proxy
034 Discovery proxy and multicast suppression requirement
035 define protocol assignment/binding for managed mode
036 discovery messages and managed mode
049 forced managed mode transition for the client
Following documents are attached with this email:
1. wsdd-discovery-1.1-spec-wd-02-managed-02.docx: Includes the proposed changes with change bars. Note that some of the links may be broken or you might see some weird formatting of the text within the change bars. These gets fixed when the changes are accepted (see document 2).
2. wsdd-discovery-1.1-spec-wd-02-managed-02-nochangebars.docx: Includes the proposed changes without any change bars.
3. wsdd-discovery-1.1-wsdl-wd-02-managed.wsdl: Modified WSDL file