ws-dd message

Subject: Re: [ws-dd] Groups - Proposed WSDL extensions for SOAP-over-UDP (ProposedWSDL extension for SOAP-over-UDP v2.docx) uploaded

Hi,

As an additional motivation to include the proposed WSDL extensions in
the SOAP-over-UDP spec, I would like to point out that the TC charter says:

The scope of the TC's work includes further refinement and finalization of
the input SOAP-over-UDP specification [3] <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ws-dd/charter.php#ref3> to produce a standard version of
the specification that provides a SOAP binding to UDP

and

WS-Discovery and SOAP-over-UDP specifications shall remain general, and
broadly applicable, to device, enterprise, and other relevant usage
scenarios.

It seems to me that adding WSDL support for SOAP-over-UDP is a
prerequisite to make it a general-purpose SOAP binding to UDP.

Cheers

Antoine