ws-dd message

Subject: Update to remaining steps in WS-DD timeline

The WS-DD TC public page includes the timeline we approved some time ago. That timeline has slipped a bit, and it was noted that the dates don’t align with the public review dates we now have posted. I think we should update what’s posted online.

Here’s the current timeline as posted:

  • Deadline for submitting substantive issues -- December 16, 2008
  • Resolve all Committee Draft 2 issues -- January 6, 2009
  • Committee Draft 2 approval -- January 13, 2009
  • 60-day Public Review -- January 19 - March 16, 2009
  • Finalize namespace -- March 24, 2009
  • Committee Specification -- March 31, 2009
  • Standardization Member vote -- May 15-30, 2009
  • OASIS Standard -- June 1, 2009

Here’s what I propose changing it to:

  • 60-day Public Review – February 2 – April 3, 2009
  • Finalize namespace – April 7, 2009
  • Committee Specification – April 14, 2009
  • Standardization Member vote -- May 15-30, 2009
  • OASIS Standard -- June 1, 2009

This is aggressive, of course. It assumes that there will be no substantive changes during the public review that would require a second public review, that we deal with the incoming issues in the TC as they arrive so that at the end of the public review we have no active issues, that the editors are able to produce the Committee Specification texts immediately after the namespace is locked, that the TC is able to review and approve the Committee Specification texts in a week, and that we have three statements of use to submit to the TC administrator by mid-April. Aggressive, but I think it’s achievable.

I’d like to discuss this on our next teleconference, and vote to approve a new timeline so we can get it posted. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

            -- Toby

Toby Nixon  |  Senior Standards Program Manager  |  Windows Device and Storage Technologies  |  Microsoft Corporation

toby.nixon@microsoft.com  |  www.microsoft.com | V: +1 425 706 2792  |  M: +1 206 790 6377  |  F: +1 425 708 4811