ws-i-ms message

Subject: WS-I Steering Committee Special Election Now open

The Special election to fill one seat is now open.  The winner of this
election will hold the seat until it opens again to reelection in
November 2011, when it becomes a two-year seat.

There are two candidates running in this special election for the
Steering Committee.  Both Micah Hainline and Gershon Janssen have met
the requirements of the nomination process and have committed to serve
the organization as needed.   So you may better know the candidates,
each have provided a short introduction, which I present below in
alphabetical order.  I hope you will use this information and your
working experience with these candidates to make your decision.

Each WS-I Supporting Entity may cast one vote by email to
sc-election@oasis-open.org  The Member Section Policy dictates all
elections are run via STV voting, so each voter may indicate their
preference for the candidates by indicating in their vote:

#1 - name of first preference candidate
#2 - name of second preference candidate

All votes must be received by 11:45 pm (23:45) on April 15 to be considered.

Your Candidates:

Micah Hainline
I am a senior software engineer at Asynchrony Solutions, and part of a
successful effort here to create a web service validation tool suite
for the US government.  Over the past two years I have been a part of
the WS-I Basic Profile Working Group, and have worked hard to make the
profiles and testing tools strong and stable.  Now that the work
products have move to Oasis, my interest is in seeing this work
through to completion, and in guiding the direction of the profiles in
the future.  I hope to ensure that the work we started will gain wide
acceptance, and that the process and work products will be open and
accessible.  I feel that my past efforts have made me well qualified
me for this position, and look forward to being given the opportunity
to finish this important work.

Gershon Janssen
In the most recent years, Gershon has been working as an independent
consultant and architect.

Gershon has a background in software and infrastructure architecture,
distributed systems and integration technologies. Gershon works
predominantly on large-scale projects, designing and building complex
information technology architectures focusing on architecture, SOA,
Cloud, Identity and Privacy.

From his project involvements, Gershon has much experience with web
services interoperability aspects, as well as practical hands-on use
and organizational adoption of WS-I profiles.

Gershon is a strong promoter of open standards and believes in broad
adoption of these and as such participates actively in OASIS standards
efforts.

* Position statement:
With practical experiences of WS-I profiles use and its adoption
within organizations from involvement in large-scale projects, as well
as familiarity and good understanding of the OASIS Policies,
Procedures and Processes, I believe I can help in progressing the work
of the WS-I community within OASIS when serving on the Steering
Committee.

Thanks to both candidates and everyone in the Member Section for their
partiicpation in the election process.

Scott...

--
Scott McGrath