Subject: RE: [ws-rx] [NEW ISSUE] Anonymous AcksTo and my AI

Sanjay,
  I did a quick scan of the spec and I think the current spec only uses it when
talking about adding it to an existing message.  In the text I proposed I think
the following should be changed:

> For example, Sequence Acknowledgements should only be

piggy-backed on HTTP response flows where the message that
> was sent on the HTTP request flow referenced the Sequence in
> question through the use of a Sequence or AckRequested Header block.

> For example, Sequence Acknowledgements should only be

sent on HTTP response flows where the message that
> was sent on the HTTP request flow referenced the Sequence in
> question through the use of a Sequence or AckRequested Header block.

To your other questions:

> Is it ok for the AcksTo header to contain anonIRI in case when the
> CreateSequence does not include an Offer?

yes, offer is orthogonal to this issue.

> What is the intended behavior in this case?

Don't see why you think it would change anything.

> Would the RMD be required to either immediately send back
> an Ack upon getting an incoming message or wait for the next incoming
> message for sending back an Ack for the past message(s)?

W/o an AckRequested its up to the RMD to decide.  It could ack each
message or it could wait a bit - but its risking that another message
will be sent later.

> What if there
> is no next message or the next message comes after a much longer time
> period (say greater than the InactivityTimeout value).

Yup - if the RMD waits, its hosed  :-)

-Doug

"Patil, Sanjay" <sanjay.patil@sap.com>

10/27/2005 01:43 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
<ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [ws-rx] [NEW ISSUE] Anonymous AcksTo  and my AI

Hi Doug,

An observation: Currently we are using the term "piggybacking" in
multiple contexts - a> send an Ack along with a message that also
happens to be destined to the same RMS, and b> send an Ack on an HTTP
response that happens to be connected to the same RMS. We may have to
use this term a bit carefully, or with a specific context to avoid
creating confusion.

A clarificatoin question:
Is it ok for the AcksTo header to contain anonIRI in case when the
CreateSequence does not include an Offer? What is the intended behavior
in this case? Would the RMD be required to either immediately send back
an Ack upon getting an incoming message or wait for the next incoming
message for sending back an Ack for the past message(s)? What if there
is no next message or the next message comes after a much longer time
period (say greater than the InactivityTimeout value).

Thanks,
Sanjay