Subject: Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: WSRX:AcksTo should not use wsa:AnonymousURI

Doug Davis wrote:

> Hopefully I'll use the right terminology.... to me I've never associated
> anonymous with
> a particular MEP but rather with "this socket" - at least as far as http
> is concerned.
> The use case you mention is a great one - and I totally agree that
> anonymous should

The credit goes to Glen (cc-ing). I'm merely doing a "fair and balanced"
reporting of what happened on the WS-A call ;-)

> not mean "any old back-channel" - there has to be some kind of
> correlator to make sure
> that you know the user of the "anon" URI (ie. the client) will be the
> same guy that gets the
> message destined for the "anon" URI.  The only way you can do this today
> in WSA is to
> use "this socket".  Any other approach that allows for some other socket
> to be used MUST
> use some kind of correlator which WSA doesn't not currently have.

What if one uses the wsa:RelatesTo as the correlator in the message.
I.e., client sends a message to a service with 'anon' as the replyTo.
The service does *not* send the reply in the HTTP response. But in some
subsequent interaction (say a req-optional-response MEP), the service
sends the reply in the HTTP response with the wsa:RelatesTo in the
message. Is that conformant to WS-A?