Subject: Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: WSRX:AcksTo should not use wsa:AnonymousURI

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com> wrote on 02/20/2006 08:27:51 PM:
> What if one uses the wsa:RelatesTo as the correlator in the message.
> I.e., client sends a message to a service with 'anon' as the replyTo.
> The service does *not* send the reply in the HTTP response. But in some
> subsequent interaction (say a req-optional-response MEP), the service
> sends the reply in the HTTP response with the wsa:RelatesTo in the
> message. Is that conformant to WS-A?

No, because there is no guarantee that the receiver of this response
can hand it over to the original client.  You're basically allowing
for the server to mix-n-match where responses go and assuming that
all endpoints on the receiving end can share/exchange replies - and
that's not a safe assumption.

btw - ws-polling does provide a way to solve this since WSA doesn't
solve it natively.  If WSA wanted to take on this problem I think
it would be a huge improvement and benefit for the WS community.
IMO, WSA should solve the anon/firewall issue w/o the need for
additional specs - but I suspect that's out of scope right now  :-(

thanks,