Subject: RE: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Issue 21 resolution text contains language about 'parameters' which don't exist

Wouldn't this text apply if someone took advantage of the extensibility
in the assertion to add their own parameters? I recall this being
discussed during the development of this proposal and I thought that was
why the text on the parameters was retained.

Marc Goodner
Technical Diplomat
Microsoft Corporation
Tel: (425) 703-1903
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/mrgoodner/

-----Original Message-----
From: Anish Karmarkar [mailto:Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 1:52 PM
To: wsrx
Subject: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Issue 21 resolution text contains language
about 'parameters' which don't exist

Per my AI on the call today, here is the new issue.

-Anish
--

Title: Issue 21 resolution text contains language about 'parameters'
which don't exist

Issue 21 resolution text contains the following text:

"If the RM policy assertion appears in a policy expression attached to a

wsdl:binding as well as to the individual wsdl:binding level message
definitions(wsdl:binding/wsdl:operation/wsdl:input,
wsdl:binding/wsdl:operation/wsdl:output,
wsdl:binding/wsdl:operation/wsdl:fault), the parameters in the former
MUST be used and the latter ignored.
If the RM policy assertion appears in a policy expression attached to a
wsdl:port as well as to the other allowed WSDL/1.1 elements, the
parameters in the former MUST be used and the latter ignored."

The WSRMP spec does not define any 'parameters', therefore these
statements don't mean anything and are possibly misleading (may lead
reader to believe something about policy merges that may or may not be
true).

Justification:

See above.

Target: WSRM policy

Proposal:

Remove the two offending statements mentioned above.