Subject: i089 - a revisted proposal

Based on feedback we've received I've attached an updated proposal for i089.  The basic idea is still the same but I think we've cleaned things up quite a bit and eliminated some of the confusion that some people thought the old proposal introduced.  This one is pretty small and still addresses all of the use-cases we've heard about.  The biggest change is that we've made it more clear that GetMessage is designed to simply (re-)establish a transport-specific back-channel, nothing more.
(sorry, no cute poem :-)
thanks,
-Doug

RM proposal - 2006-04-27c.doc