Subject: Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Inefficient close/terminate of offered sequences

I don't agree with Chris's comments. I have heard a number of people
complain in person and on mailing lists about the "overhead" of WSRM, in
particular overhead of the extra calls.
I still regret that the TC never took on board Chris's suggestion to
optimise the XML used in the protocol and therefore reduce the size of
our headers and messages.

Your suggestion to use a Final SequenceAcknowledgement header as an
alternative is actually a pretty good alternative proposal for this
issue, as long as we make sure it's interoperable, and can deal with
both close and terminate.

Finally, Your statement that the originator should not be able to
terminate contradicts the spec. Either side can terminate the spec at
any time.

Paul

As rea

http://feeds.feedburner.com/bloglines/pzf