Subject: Issue 125: Protocol precondition requires knowledge of policies

Paul, I don't understand on why you want this text removed. Don't you
need to know that the destination supports RM? Are you not planning on
learning this at a minimum out of band before sending CS messages to it?
Or are you planning on using faults to determine if a destination
supports RM or not?

The last is about the only way that I could see this not being a valid
precondition.

Marc Goodner
Technical Diplomat
Microsoft Corporation
Tel: (425) 703-1903
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/mrgoodner/

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Fremantle [mailto:paul@wso2.com]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 3:30 AM
To: wsrx
Subject: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Protocol precondition requires knowledge of
policies

Title: The protocol preconditions require knowledge of policies

The RM Source MUST have knowledge of the destination's policies, if any,
and the RM Source MUST be capable of formulating messages that adhere to
this policy.

Justification: Since the only assertion that we make currently is that
RM is on, this seems extraneous. Furthermore the spec is more useful if
it does not presuppose knowledge of policy to make it work.

Proposal: Delete lines 177 and 178.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/bloglines/pzf