Subject: RE: [ws-rx] i089 joint proposal

"Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote on 06/01/2006 11:16:04 AM:
> There are eight previous proposals listed in the Issues List for Issue 89:

> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i089

This replaces all previous ones sent in by BEA, IBM and/or WSO2.

> Could you provide a short summary of how this new joint proposal
> relates to the previous eight proposals?

> I think the TC would also find it useful if you outlined what
> changes were made in the proposals that were merged to create this
> joint proposal?

Most of the previous proposals had some variant of a poll
request (GetMessage/MakeConnection...) and what was different was the
query parameters.  This version is basically the same but we
finally agreed on the list of possible query params:
  seqID and/or endpoint-Address
Initiators of the request can retrieve messages that are associated
with a particular RM sequence or are targeted to a particular
URI.  In both cases, once this query/correlation info is used

to correctly know which set of messages are valid, the receiver of this
request can then send a message on the transport-specific back-channel.

thanks