Subject: Re: [ws-rx] PR016 proposals

It seem like the options are:
1 - rewrite it to include None/Nacks - but then we run into the problem you said you hit
2 - remove just that one bullet
3 - remove the entire section - since if we do '2' then we just have one invariant left and we could just put that text into the Sequence section
4 - remove the entire section and the previous one - protocol preconditions - since they seem to really add no value  :-)

Don't really care much - any of those works for me

thanks,
-Doug

Paul Fremantle <paul@wso2.com>

11/01/2006 07:16 AM

"ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
[ws-rx] PR016 proposals

[Within every Acknowledgement Message it issues, the RM Destination MUST
include one or more
AcknowledgementRange child elements that contain, in their collective
ranges, the message
number of every message accepted by the RM Destination. The RM
Destination MUST exclude, in
the AcknowledgementRange elements, the message numbers of any messages
it has not
accepted.]

The second invariant in section 2.3 is wrong, since it doesn't allow
Nack, or None

I propose we simply delete this paragraph. I tried rewriting it about 3
times but never managed to capture it without about a gazillion subclauses.

VP/Technology and Partnerships, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com