Subject: Re: Groups - oasis - New ballot "Straw poll for issue PR001"

Given WS-Addressing is headed down the path of using policy instead of a wsdl marker to signal which WSA defined URIs can (can not) be used - I suspect that our proposal for PR001 isn't going to be the right solution - although it was just a recommendation anyway.  Once WSA nails down their final solution we can figure out the proper add-ons we need (if any).  But in the meantime, I'd like to remove IBM's proposal from consideration - but if the ballot can not be altered then I'd like to suggest those who may have supported IBM's proposal to simply vote for "close w/no action" since its about the same thing anyway.  :-)

thanks

STSM | Web Services Architect | IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905 | IBM T/L 444-6906 | dug@us.ibm.com

workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org

11/13/2006 03:39 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Groups - oasis - New ballot "Straw poll for issue PR001"

OASIS Web Services Reliable Exchange (WS-RX) TC member,

A new ballot has been presented to OASIS Web Services Reliable Exchange (WS-RX) TC.
To vote on this ballot, go here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/ballot.php?id=1147

Please DO NOT REPLY to this email; instead, vote using the above link.

The text of this ballot is as follows:
---
"Straw poll for issue PR001"
Please choose your most favorite option.

- Proposal by IBM - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200609/msg00014.html
- Proposal by Microsoft - http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200611/msg00016.html
- Close with no action
- Other