Subject: Re: Action Item #0125

Hi all,

Here's my attempt at wordsmithing the DA text. I put in an introductory
paragraph, which I think captures Chris's intent.

Ashok: I haven't taken your concern about the fault case into account, as
I think the same text applies for application messages that generate
faults. Perhaps I've misunderstood your point. Could you try to change the
introduction to cover your concern?

--

Each delivery assurance is described in terms external to the RM
Destination / Application Destination interface. Some implementations may

AtLeastOnce ? each message within the Sequence that is received and
acknowledged by the RM Destination is processed to conclusion at least
once. Any message in the Sequence that is received and acknowledged by the
RM Destination might be processed to conclusion more than once. Duplicate
message filtering is not required to achieve this delivery assurance, and
SHOULD NOT be applied to the Web service.

AtMostOnce ? each message within the Sequence that is received and
acknowledged by the RM Destination is processed to conclusion at most
once. Any message within the Sequence that is received and acknowledged by
the RMD might not be processed to conclusion. Duplicate message filtering
is required to achieve this delivery assurance, and MUST be applied to the
Web service.

ExactlyOnce ? each message within the Sequence that is received and
acknowledged by the RM Destination is processed to conclusion exactly
once. Duplicate message filtering is required to achieve this delivery
assurance, and MUST be applied to the Web service. The Web service SHOULD
make every effort to ensure that each message is processed to conclusion.

--

Thanks

Matt