Subject: RE: AW: [ws-sx] Issue 31: Clarification for UsernameToken assertion

Our position would be the same: all properties in WSS Token Profiles should be expressible within WS-SecurityPolicy. UserName Token Profile is just one of good examples to show the need of such granularity of policy requirement.

Symon Chang
Sr. Security Architect
Blue Titan Software

-----Original Message-----
From: Prateek Mishra [mailto:prateek.mishra@oracle.com]
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 8:30 AM
To: Dittmann, Werner
Cc: Martin Gudgin; Marc Goodner; ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org

Our position would be that properties of security tokens should be
expressible within SecurityPolicy,
unless there is a specific security threat that suggests otherwise.

This is specially significant for the UserName and SAML token, both of
which are flexible
XML-based tokens with a number of optional elements/attributes and with
some standard
values for the same.

If we are forced to go down the path where:

 <Werner>
This would require that both the client and server are synchronized by
some other means if this cannot be done using a Policy.
</Werner>

even for routine scenarios that have been tested as part of the WSS
interop, then we would be seriously
concerned about the adequacy of the current SecurityPolicy draft.

- prateek