Subject: NEW Issue: Binding Assertions should support Operation subjects

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL OR START A DISCUSSION THREAD UNTIL THE ISSUE IS ASSIGNED A NUMBER.
The issues coordinators will notify the list when that has occurred.

Protocol:  ws-sp

Artifact:  spec

Type: design

Title: Binding Assertions should support Operation subjects

Appendix A states that Binding Assertions can only have Endpoint for their subject, or scope. I believe that Operation should also be allowed for the AsymmetricBindingAssertion and SymmetricBindingAssertion. We have seen situations where customers have defined different security around operations of a service, especially when building aggregate services. The constructs of the AsymmetricBindingAssertion in particular would be useful when defining security around these operations.

Related issues: None.

Proposed Resolution:

Add AsymmetricBindingAssertion and SymmetricBindingAssertion to section A.2.