OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ws-sx message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: WS-SX TC Minutes, August 23 2006

WS-SX TC Minutes, August 23 2006


We are grateful to Novell for sponsoring this call


Summary of new Action Items:



1. Call to order/roll call



Jong Lee, BEA Systems, Inc.*

Hal Lockhart, BEA Systems, Inc.*

Denis Pilipchuk, BEA Systems, Inc.*

Corinna Witt, BEA Systems, Inc.*

Yakov Sverdlov, CA*

Toshihiro Nishimura, Fujitsu Limited*

Ching-Yun (C.Y.) Chao, IBM*

Henry (Hyenvui) Chung, IBM*

Heather Hinton, IBM*

Bruce Rich, IBM*

Ron Williams, IBM*

Mike Lyons, Layer 7 Technologies Inc.*

Jan Alexander, Microsoft Corporation*

Greg Carpenter, Microsoft Corporation*

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Corporation*

Colleen Evans, Microsoft Corporation*

Mark Fussell, Microsoft Corporation*

Vijay Gajjala, Microsoft Corporation*

Marc Goodner, Microsoft Corporation*

Martin Gudgin, Microsoft Corporation*

Chris Kaler, Microsoft Corporation*

Asir Vedamuthu, Microsoft Corporation*

Norman Brickman, Mitre Corporation*

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia Corporation*

Abbie Barbir, Nortel Networks Limited*

Lloyd Burch, Novell*

Steve Carter, Novell*

Rich Levinson, Oracle Corporation*

Prateek Mishra, Oracle Corporation*

Martin Raepple, SAP AG*

Tony Gullotta, SOA Software Inc.*

Jiandong Guo, Sun Microsystems*

Don Adams, Tibco Software Inc.*

Ruchith Fernando, WSO2*


Status change:

Lost Alex Hristov as a voting member


2. Reading/Approving minutes of last meeting (August 16th 2006)


Adopted unanimously.


3. TC Logistics (10 minutes or less)

Need call sponsors, please contact Chris and Kelvin if you can sponsor a call.


4. Interop wrap up

Results matrix



Scenario 1

5 participants

24 possible combinations, success on 20


Scenario 2

Not used


Scenario 3

Not used


Scenario 4

5 participants

24 possible combinations, success on 21


Scenario 5

3 participants

18 possible combinations, success on 18


Scenario 6

3 participants

6 possible combinations, success on 6


Scenario 7

Not used


Some new endpoints came up on Friday that are not in the above results. There is also at least one new client being worked on not reflected above as well.


5. Issues list



a) Review of action items



b) Issues in Review status

i102 - Add section numbers and line numbers to interop document

Status changed to closed, no objections.


c) New issues

i105 - SC label concatenation rules unclear


Status changed to pending, no objections.


i106 - Why does a <IssuedTokens> element contain an RSTR instead of an RSTRC?


IssuedTokens is an RSTRC

Closed with no action, noting the above, no objections.


d) Active issues


i004 - Transitive closure spec dependencies


No objections to accepting proposal, status changed to pending.


i008 - Need well formed XML examples

Not discussed. (standing editor item)


i066 - SecurityPolicy use cases

No updates this week.


i081 - Provide policy statements and associated URIs that can be referenced from wsp:PolicyReference statements

Not discussed.


i090 - Description of Strict Formatting seems wrong for EncryptedKey

New proposal from Hal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200608/msg00055.html


i096 - Ensure Appendix A is complete

Not discussed. (standing editor item)


i099 - The <IssuedTokens> Element is not used by WS-SC


Closed with no action, no objection.


i100 - Lack of Rationale for choices of Authentication for WS-SC

Not discussed, hopefully discussion on the list over next week.


i101 - Need additional SamlToken Assertion Elements for Holder-of-Key and Sender-Vouches

New proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200608/msg00058.html

Where should this text be inserted?

Looking for agreement on the text first.

Either in section 5 on SAML, Appendix B, or as a new appendix

We should see if this applies to other token types in general.


i104 - Update interop documents to reflect what was actually tested.

Expect an update this week.



f) Pending issues

Not discussed.


i071 - Guidance on Policy Application


i074 - Add <EncryptSupportingToken> element to Sections 7.4 and7.5


i078 - Specify Reference Types for References to SCT


i079 - Is Bootstrap policy a PolicyAssertion


i080 - Handling EncryptParts specified under SupportingTokens


i082 - Remove duplicate RFC2119 reference


i083 - Remove shading from figures, possibly enlarge


i084 - Assertions with nested policy do not indicate it


i085 - Replace ID with Id for Id attribute


i088 - No XPath default


i089 - Minor editorial comments on security policy


i091 - security policy help for example C.3.2


i092 - Proposed SP change related to issue 52


i094 - We need a definition for "domain" in WS-SecurityPolicy


i095 - Amend text for nested assertions in WS-SP


i097 - No support for message level encryption of headers for WSS 1.0?


i098 - Inconsistencies related to SignedParts/* assertion


i103 - Interop document - Clarify that RSTR is returned in RSTRC


6. Next steps

What should we do with Trust and SC?

Interop seems successful.

Is it time to go to CD?

Editors think pending issuses can be done late this week or by Monday.

Given large number of pending issues, should we give a TC a week to review updates before CD vote?


Plan on Sept. 6th call for CD vote.

Do PR votes have to be 7 day electronic? No, they can be done on calls as well.

If people feel it is appropriate we can vote for PR on the 6th as well.

Should we move SC and Trust forward to PR ahead of SP?

It would be helpful to groups like the RSP WG at WS-I.

No objections to doing so.


7. AOB

Please confirm date preferences for next F2F, first or second week of December.

So far strong preference for first week, specifically 6th and 7th has been indicated.


6. Adjournment


The meeting adjourned at 7:35am PST



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]