Subject: RE: Issue PR036: Public Comment--Questions on Versioning Problemsof WS-SecureConversation

There isn’t any difference between a SC 1.3 and SC 1.4 message. Similarly there isn’t a difference between a Trust 1.3 and Trust 1.4 message unless a new Trust 1.4 element is used. Trust 1.4 defined a new namespace for these new elements. SC has no new elements and thus no new namespace.

We decided to update the version number of the SC spec even though there were no normative changes to be consistent with the new versions of SP and Trust. There was discussion about this around the resolution of issue 152 where we added new namespaces for new content in SP 1.3 and Trust 1.4. The following meeting minutes contain the initial discussion and decision.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200802/msg00010.html

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200802/msg00021.html

From: Greg Carpenter [mailto:gregcarp@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 3:43 PM
To: ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org

Issue PR036

From: Greg Carpenter [mailto:gregcarp@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:34 PM
To: ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL OR START A DISCUSSISON THREAD UNTIL THE ISSUE IS ASSIGNED A NUMBER.

The issues coordinators will notify the list when that has occurred.

Protocol:   ws-sc

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-sx/download.php/28777/ws-secureconversation-1.4-spec-cd-01.doc

Artifact:  spec

Type: design

Title: Public Comment: Questions on Versioning Problems of WS-SecureConversation

See Public Comment for details

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx-comment/200809/msg00000.html