ws-tx-comment message

Subject: Re: [ws-tx-comment] Implementing WS-AtomicTransactions and WS-Coordination

Simon,
Many of the TC participants have product implementations of the input specs with documentation available on the Web so thats an easy way to find out how the specs are being used already. As an implementor, a good place to start might be to look at the TC's interop scenario document, which spells out the soap envelopes for specific scenarios. For example:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/19725/wstx-wsat-1.1-interop_scenarios-wd-08.pdf

If you wanted to build your own implementation and interop test it, we might be able to arrange for one of the endpoints to go live again so you could try out your implementation.

Obviously WS-C and WS-AT only describes the Web service TX protocol messages. Within each transactional domain you need to adapt the WS-AT protocol messages to something that can be used to coordinate a transacitonal resource manager; for example, if your runtime architecture was based on J2EE you'd adapt the WS-AT protocol messages onto the J2EE AppServer's JTA engine and use this to drive transactional resource managers through their XAResource interface.

Regards,
Ian Robinson

Simon Steinacker <simon.steinacker@student.uibk.ac.at>

23/04/2007 13:24

ws-tx-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[ws-tx-comment] Implementing WS-AtomicTransactions and WS-Coordination

Hello,

My name is Simon Steinacker and I am a student of computer science at
the university of Innsbruck in the master program. I am currently
working on a project that deals with service oriented architecture on
top of web services in the healthcare domain. We have really high
security requirements, as everyone can imagine in such a domain and for
that we decided to use WS-TX protocol stack to extend our security model
to this dimension.
To realize that, I was assigned to do an implemenetation of
WS-AtomicTransaction and WS-Coordination as a master thesis. It is the
first time that I implement a standard like this and I wanted to ask
whether there is some additional information available for people who
want to do implementations? Or is the standards document the only source
of information?

Thanks a lot for you help,
regards Simon Steinacker

btw: (where) can I subscribe to this mailing list to receive answers to
this question?

This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
OASIS Web Services Transaction (WS-TX) TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
to minimize spam in the list archive, subscription is required
before posting.

Subscribe: ws-tx-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org