Subject: Re: [ws-tx] Groups - WS-TX Bi-Weekly Concall modified

Ian,

I have no problem with issue 008 being discussed in advance of issue 009.

I disagree with the approach of seeking to isolate or sequence the three
issues 007, 009 and 014. I think that will make the discussion less
clear. It is no accident that the email discussion has referenced all
three issues (in substance) in the same breath -- and indeed, their
interconnectedness (in terms of the original design intent, and the
proposed alternatives) have become more apparent as the discussion has
progressed.

I don't want to focus on procedure -- the reality is that the discussion
on 007 (and at least one proposed resolution) will inevitably involve
discussion of the R/R MEP, as I think is evidenced by the recent e-mail
exchanges, and similarly, of the multiple virtues (or demerits) of using
participant ids. My worry is that we artificially attempt to segregate
the strands of the substantive technical discussion.

If we discuss 007, but do not reach for an immediate resolution, then
that will help to inform the resolution of all three issues. Obviously
the TC will have to decide how to proceed on the day.

Alastair