Subject: RE: [ws-tx] Issue 092 - WS-BA: specify 'presume compensate' assumption

Procedurally, I think issue 92 *does* introduce a discussion on
presumed-nothing vs presumed-cancel. We will resolve this issue one way or
the other and hence resolve presumed-nothing vs presumed-cancel.

Ram has outlined some reasoning [1] for prefering presumed-nothing, and his
proposed resolution is referenced below. For the reasons Ram describes, I
agree that clearly stating in the BA spec that the BA protocols are
"presumed nothing" protocols would be the best outcome for this
discussion/issue.

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-tx/email/archives/200609/msg00080.html

Regards,
Ian

             Ram Jeyaraman
             <Ram.Jeyaraman@mi
             crosoft.com>                                               To
                                       "'Mark Little'"
             28/09/2006 23:04          <mark.little@jboss.com>
                                                                        cc
                                       "ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org"
                                       <ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [ws-tx] Issue 092 - WS-BA:
                                       specify 'presume compensate'
                                       assumption

Perhaps the minutes from last meeting should help us ascertain what
actually transpired, and why the AI was closed. Thanks.