Subject: Re: [ws-tx] Issue 092 - WS-BA: specify 'presume compensate' assumption

I can see how presume-compensate can work, but all I want at this
stage is an agreement. I had originally thought that, given i071 and
i088, we'd decided on presume-compensate and i092 (or rather Ram's
follow up to it) was a discussion to change it.

On 29 Sep 2006, at 10:48, Ian Robinson wrote:

> Procedurally, I think issue 92 *does* introduce a discussion on
> presumed-nothing vs presumed-cancel.

Well we can agree to disagree: my definition of "discussion" involves
more than a line of text ;-)

> We will resolve this issue one way or
> the other and hence resolve presumed-nothing vs presumed-cancel.

> Ram has outlined some reasoning [1] for prefering presumed-nothing,
> and his
> proposed resolution is referenced below. For the reasons Ram
> describes, I
> agree that clearly stating in the BA spec that the BA protocols are
> "presumed nothing" protocols would be the best outcome for this
> discussion/issue.

Presume nothing is always guaranteed to be the right/defensive way to
go. From an implementation perspective we can support both. From a TC
timeline perspective I'd rather not waste too much time discussing
it, which was really the gist of my initial response to Ram.

Mark.