Subject: Re: [ws-tx] PR specifications

In our case the primary reason we actually need to nominate one of these formats as authoritative is in case the process of generating the PDF/HTML caused some divergence from the Word source. I have seen this happen with hyperlinks (although I hope we will catch any of these and fix them as part of the review process). If it does happen, then I think it makes more sense for the authoritative version to be the source format rather than the generated format. That doesn't mean that everybody always needs to look only at the authoritative format - the reason we have different formats is so that people can work with their favourite format. The main reason you'd need to look specifically at the authoritative format is simply to resolve any discrepencies caused by the PDF/HTML generation.

Regards,
Ian Robinson

Jeff Mischkinsky <jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com>

07/05/2008 23:38

Ian Robinson/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc
ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [ws-tx] PR specifications

Is there a concern about the use of a proprietary format that not
everyone will be able to read, as the authoritative version?
Personally, i think i'd prefer pdf (with sticky line numbers), but
that is purely a matter of personal taste.

    cheers,
    jeff

--
Jeff Mischkinsky                                                                                               jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Web Services Standards                 +1(650)
506-1975
Consulting Member Technical Staff                                                              500 Oracle Parkway, M/
S 2OP9
Oracle                                                                                                                                        Redwood Shores, CA 94065

Unless stated otherwise above:

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature