wsbpel-implement message

Subject: Binding MEP behaviour leaking up to process? (was RE: Fault toleranceconsiderations)

Edwin Khodabakchian wrote:
Ron,

    I think we are in agreement about the options. It is interesting to note that the process designer must have some level of awareness of the MEP support of the underlying binding(s).

I am not sure I understand this point. The process designer has only visibility into the port type definition, not the binding. I think that part of the confusion here is that a synchronous portType operation can be implemented through an asynchronous binding. But in that case, from the perspective of the BPEL engine, there is only one activity: an invoke.

The best practice though is to align the portType operation with the binding: if you are using a JMS binding, then create 2 port types and a partner link and use invoke/receive.
This sounds like a good practice, given how BPEL and WSDL work. Isn't this alignment an illustration of the need for either the BPEL author or the WSDL portType writer to be aware of the MEPs supported by the underlying bindings?

Cheers,
-Ron

[1] Easier to do in WSDL 1.2!