wsbpel-implement message

Subject: RE: [wsbpel-implement] The uploaded loan approval example

Hello,

If the sample does contain the root element with namespace declarations, it should present the omission of namespaces declarations with ... or list all required. In case of detached (functional) samples, it is of course required to be declared. Not sure if Kristofer was refering to the spec or to the sample files from uc?

Greetings
Bernd Eckenfels
Chief Architect
--
SEEBURGER AG - Edisonstr.1 , D-75015 Bretten, Germany
Fax: +49 (0)7252 96-2400 - Phone: +49 (0)7252 96-1256
mailto:b.eckenfels@seeburger.de - http://www.seeburger.de
-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Ten-Hove [mailto:Ronald.Ten-Hove@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 4:55 PM
To: Ugo Corda
Cc: Kristofer Agren; bpel implementation

Ugo Corda wrote:
Yes, bpws should be defined as:

xmlns:bpws="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/03/business-process/"
(see Appendix D - XSD Schemas).

Examples in the spec also define it that way (see for example 16.1.2).

I think the spec uses "bpws" in many places as a shortcut for referring
to the namespace URI, without mentioning the fact that the "bpws" prefix
is arbitrary.

Yes, such practice has become commonplace in XML-based specs that use more than one such namespace. Such specs usually contain a list of all the prefixes and namespaces used in XML fragments thoughout the spec, to avoid confusion, or overly length XML fragments.

Should we suggest to our editing team that they should include such a list at the beginning of the WS-BPEL spec?

-Ron

Ugo